This laboratory conducts research on quantum technology using light and matter.
- November 2, 2022: Daisuke Yoshida's research on "Single-shot high-resolution identification of discrete frequency modes of single-photon-level optical pulses" has been published in Physical Review A. For details, click here.
- September 29, 2022: Ryo Onozawa's (alumnus) research on "Cavity-enhanced two-photon source emitting narrow-linewidth telecommunication wavelength photons for improved quantum-memory-coupling efficiency enabling long-distance quantum communications" has been published in the Japanese Journal of Applied Physics. For details, click here.
- September 8, 2022: Yokohama National University certified venture company LQUOM Co., Ltd. has won the Early Edge Award at the "University Venture Awards 2022" co-sponsored by JST and NEDO. For details, click here.
- August 5, 2022: A joint paper by Associate Professor Etsuo Segawa of Yokohama National University and Yusuke Mizutani as the lead author has been published in Physical Review A. For details, click here.
- July 27, 2022: Takeshi Kondo's (alumnus) research on "Transfer of linewidth and frequency stability from an iodine-stabilized Nd:YAG laser to a quantum memory control laser through an optical frequency comb" has been published in the Japanese Journal of Applied Physics. For details, click here.
- November 30, 2021: Kyoko Mannami's research on "Coupling of a quantum memory and telecommunication wavelength photons for high-rate entanglement distribution in quantum repeaters" has been published in Optics Express. For details, click here.
- November 10, 2021: Takuto Miyashita's research on "Offset-locking-based frequency stabilization of external cavity diode lasers for long-distance quantum communication" has been published in the Japanese Journal of Applied Physics. For details, click here.
- January 18, 2021: An interview with Tomoyuki Horikiri on "Developing a Next-Generation Secure Communication Environment with Unconditional Security Communication" has been published in the general research grant of the SECOM Science and Technology Promotion Foundation. For details, click here. for the interview with researcher Tomoyuki Horikiri supported by SECOM Science and Technology Foundation.
- On August 18, 2020, the research results of Daisuke Yoshida were published as a paper entitled "Entanglement distribution between quantum repeater nodes with an absorptive type memory" in the International Journal of Quantum Information. For more information, please visit here.
- On August 12, 2020, the research results of Kazuya Niizeki were published as a paper entitled "Two-photon comb with wavelength conversion and 20-km distribution for quantum communication" in Communications Physics. The press release can be found here.
- On August 5, 2020, Kazuya Niizeki presented his research results at CLEO Pacific Rim 2020. For more information, please visit here.
- On February 25, 2020, the album was updated.
- On February 4, 2020, the website was renewed.